Here is a brief description of how we record the location of all gravestones in a cemetery as well as the data contained in the inscriptions:
- Using professional GPS equipment we record the exact location of each family or individual burial site.
- Photos are taken of every inscription on the gravestone(s) that are located at a particular burial site.
- The photos of the inscriptions are then transcribed by a team of individuals who enter the data into a database.
- Graveyard Maps are created that combine both the inscription data as well as the exact location of each gravestone.
- Upon request, any name, date or combination of data can be researched using our database.